I’m starting a new project today. Over the last year or two, I’ve found myself creating far too many websites with zero follow-through. The result is that I’m sitting on (at least) a dozen niche sites that are ready to receive content. I have the tools and processes to grow these websites. I just haven’t dedicated the appropriate amount of time and effort to make it happen. That changes today.
For the next 6 months, I’m going to publish at least one article to one of my 12 niche sites… every day.
To take all the lousy, inactive websites I’ve created in the last year or two and finally give them the love and attention they need. The goal is to ultimately push each website to a point where it is earning a minimum of $100 per month. With 12 websites, I should be able to reach $1,200 per month as passive income.
Reaching The Goal
To reach this goal, I’ll need to publish a lot of content. I am confident in being able to manage all the work on my own. If I can do at least 1 new post every day, I should be fine. A single daily post can be published on any one website and in no particular order. There are, of course, some milestones I’m looking to achieve right out of the gate.
To help me stay on track, I’ve ordered myself a copy of Atomic Habits by James Clear. A book that was recommended by a close friend of mine who found some good tips for staying on track with this type of long-lasting habit-dependent project such as this one.
Some notable milestones I’ll be looking out for, and ultimately reporting will look something like this:
- At least 1 post for each niche site
- At least 10 posts for each niche site
- At least 25 posts for each niche site
- Reach 100 monthly visitors for each site
- Reach 250 monthly visitors for each site
- Reach 500 monthly visitors for each site
- Reach 1,000 monthly visitors for each site
- Reach 3,000 monthly visitors for each site
- Reach 5,000 monthly visitors for each site
- Reach 10,000 monthly visitors for each site
- Each site is earning at least $1 per month
- Each site is earning at least $10 per month
- Each site is earning at least $25 per month
- Each site is earning at least $50 per month
- Each site is earning at least $100 per month
A bit repetitive, I know. This probably has to do with my long-lasting addiction to video games and achievements. Milestones, I feel, are great at keeping you on track. Having micro-goals along the way is a good way to give yourself a pat on the back and appreciate the hard work–so far.
In my office, I’ve setup a whiteboard with a table of some key points to keep me on track with my progress. I can easily toss this information into a spreadsheet, but a spreadsheet doesn’t look you dead in the face every day. You can’t minimize a whiteboard.
I’ll be constantly updating how many posts each site has, what was the last day a post was published, and whether or not a post is actively being worked on for any given site. This is to work as a vision board of sorts.